Disney’s Cinderella is the story of one of the most beloved of all the Disney Princesses and the film that saved Walt Disney from bankruptcy after the war. Here are some fun facts about one of the original Disney Princesses:
1. Cinderella is the second Disney Princess, joining the franchise in 1950, after Snow White in 1937.
2. Cinderella is the first out of the four Disney Princesses not to be of royal blood, paving the way for Belle in 1991, Mulan in 1998 and Tiana in 2009.
3. Her shoe size is mentioned in the third movie which is a size 4½ in woman’s. The symbolic message of the glass slippers is that Cinderella is so delicate that she can walk in glass shoes and not break them.
4. Cinderella is the only Disney Princess to wear a normal servant attire inside her castle. The other princesses wear royal princess gowns inside their kingdoms.
5. Cinderella is derived from the French word Cendrillon, which translates in English as “little ash girl”.
6. The only mention of Cinderella’s mother was in the first movie when she showed the mice a dress that belonged to her that she was planning to fix up for the ball.
7. Cinderella is the Disney princess with the biggest number of animal companions, which conclude the mice, her dog Bruno, the birds, and horse Major.
8. Cinderella, being at 19 is the oldest Disney Princess. She is followed by Tiana, being the second oldest.
9. Cinderella is the first Disney Princess to share a duet with her respective love interest.
10. Cinderella is the first Disney Princess to share a dance with her love interest right after they met, the second would be Aurora with Prince Phillip.
All images courtesy of http://www.fanpop.com